Hi Mervyn,

Goanet moderators advise posters who aim to be amusing to use a smiley :=)).  I
do not see that in your alleged non-provocative posts that you label as
"amusing +/- having crossed the line".

As far as Goan posts without the :=)) being amusing, I assumed that the author
of those post was a 'Goan on steroids'.:=))  If one retorts with similar words
/ explanation, then he / she needs a screw-driver to adjust their 'humor
button'.

This advice is also directed to some posters who have a compulsory need to
respond to  posts which they imagine is directed to them. The good news is
their reply suggest they took the message personally.

I like your idea of 'special treatment' to the "serial offenders".  Can you
imagine the poor moderators have to repeatedly read their posts?  I can only
call that pirachit / penance.  No wonder the moderators get a 'thought block'
and cannot respond with a one-liner. Likely the moderators go for the feni or
scotch after reading those posts.

Glad none of the 'sensitive' posters, on receiving the many rejections of
inappropriate posts, have not resorted to something more drastic; like - taking
a bucket of cold water and dipping their head three times and taking it out
twice.:=)). Looking at the support the disgruntled posters received, it appears
they are not getting much credibility. Yet, they have only themselves to blame.
For a time, they felt they were making cumulative headway. But their
difficult-to-prove stories was their undoing, in addition to their
suggestion that they were 'God's gift to Goanet' - which they may be.:=))

Regards, GL

----------------- Mervyn Lobo

I am on Goanet for only one reason: To learn. I think that life is to short to
go around antagonizing people. I certainly do not want to be a provoker. May be
in trying to amuse, I have crossed the line. However, I think people would
inform me when that happens.

There are serial / repeat offenders here. All you have to do is tell them to
clean up
their act or the moderators will do so. It is a pity that three or four posters
have to
consume most of the moderators time.

Question: Are you implying that you do not write to Goanet to antagonize
and provoke fellow Goanetters?