In the past, there have been efforts to grow and sell mushrooms in
controlled conditions in Goa. My co-villager Eric DeSouza was also
into mushrooms, till his life was cut short unfortunately young in an
accident.

Recently, I've come across D.R. Kurade's 'fresh button mushrooms' from
Zuari Foods & Farms Pvt Ltd being sold in the local shops in Saligao.
The packet  says Zuari Foods' office is at 373 D B Marg at Miramar. Ph
2465222 Email sangam_...@sancharnet.in

Wonder if anyone knows more about this mushroom outlet, and other
outlets selling their products. A 200 gms packet costs Rs 24
("inclusive of all taxes"), but you could buy one for even Rs 20.

Dr Nandkumar Kamat, a man of many interests (from environment to
Goaology), but a microbiologist in his official worklife, has also
worked on mushrooms. If I'm not mistaken, his PhD thesis was on this
subject too. FN
--
FN * http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com http://twitter.com/fn
"Never let a computer know you're in a hurry." - Unknown