Addendum to the last part: ...and also that they (women) would also sooner
relieve themselves of the dead weight settled limply, and lazily--off of
their bodies.

Btw, an old one that came through one of the most gentle Goans I know.
"Zhonvtolo zhonvon gelo, bankar nidhleleacho annd katorlo".

The same was also shared by another Goan European a few years ago:
"Zhonvnaro zhonvon gelo, sopear nidhleleacho annd katorlo".

These point to a man suspecting a woman of infidelity, engaged in an illicit
relationship, and in rage (impotent or otherwise) for resaon including those
mentioned--scalping off innocent privates.

++++++++++++
venantius j pinto

> From: Venantius J Pinto <venantius.pi...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Goanet] Unusual proverb? Doxeo_Zonvop
> (DEL)
> Women are often accused (said about sex workers) of making it appear they
> are feeling immensely pleasured, while the man is barely even doing
> anything, or just getting started too, or even remotely up to it. But,
> individuals have their own thresholds too. Now of course, one is not
> assuming that men are all that, guess the word is virile, and that women
> are
> lacking in the grace of receiving, of initiating, being
> vivacious--conjugal,
> and otherwise, or are just more seasoned, as also not lowering their
> "guard.".

* * *

In every way, the Goans of Bombay were part of the great m&#234;l&#233;e that
was this metropolis, distinct perhaps in the way communities often are, holding
on to their own traditions but merging slowly nonetheless and forming the thin
thread of nationhood that would eventually become India. -- Selma Carvalho, in
*Into the Goan Diaspora Wilderness*. Available at Broadways Book Centre, Panjim
[Ph +91-9822488564]   Price (in Goa only) Rs 295.
http://selmacarvalho.squarespace.com/

* * *