Dear Cecil,
Thank you posting this link. I especially liked Jerry Pinto's impassioned plea
and I totally agree with the two points he makes, "“I don’t mind changing the
language. What really gets to me is if you change it not with rigour and
purpose but by the virtue of being plain lazy," and the other more important
point , "language makes us human.."

But the most important point being made is that it is not just snobby,
disdainful expats putting forward this debate on Goan forums but worthies in
India debating it. What makes a debate authentic, what makes points and
observations valid? Does it depend on our geographical location?

I think people should rise above the morass of constantly creating exclusion -
this is just old wine in a new bottle. The idea of a dominant group and a
peripheral group with fewer rights and liberties. And the fact that fairly
progressive people adhere to such ideas in Goa is perhaps what is most shocking
in the end.

Thank you,
Selma

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

  Sign the petition at:     http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php

  • ... Cecil Pinto
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Carvalho
      • ... Carvalho
        • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
          • ... Santosh Helekar
            • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
              • ... J. Colaco < jc>