Godelbrot, a Unix-Style Mandelbrot renderer, is nearing 0.0.1

http://godelbrot.functorama.com

https://github.com/johnny-morrice/godelbrot

UI tested on iPad and modern desktop browsers.  Frontend is GopherJS,
rendering occurs on server side.  Why?  Read on.

The idea for 0.0.1 is to lay out a roadmap for its infrastructure.  Most
fractal fans want movie generation; user-defined algorithms; a test bed for
fractal render algorithms.

In the backend we support movie generation already: Godelbrot is set of
orthogonal apps so we get this for free.   A stream of config files is
piped into the render program, producing a stream of PNGs, which can be
piped into libavtool...

These other issues shall be address by a plugin mechanism before 0.0.1.
 The current method of using facades and factories to cope with multiple
fractal algorithms and numerical systems (e.g. math/big vs native). is
ugly, over complicated, and ignores the benefits we have seen elsewhere
through a multiprocess/stream based architecture.

Architecture is designed for ease of client implementation.  I am wishing
to implement OS apps outside browser, reusing client application workflow
through communication via channels.

My dream is to provide a flexible architecture so that people who want to
experiment with drawing fractals (such as this effort
https://github.com/esimov/gobrot) can plug their idea into Godelbrot, and
see it on web, on desktop, on mobile, and further render to MPG.

In this work I have found a new appreciation of the work of the Processing
folks, who are attacking a similar, but much broader problem.

Johnny