Not that I think these account for much, but sort of fun to point at:

https://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/go.html
(Short summary - now with Go 1.7, Go is faster for most benchmarks.)

And then, for language adoption, the TIOBE language index for August of
2016:
http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

(Note that the above is updated every six months, and I've not been able to
find a link to previous versions of the reports, however, you can look for
the trend for Go itself http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/go/ ).
Go finally breaks into the top twenty.

As with any metrics, these are selective measures, and not really good
indicators by themselves. But at least they're positive with respect to Go.

Eric.