On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 4:51 PM, 'Eric Johnson' via golang-nuts
<golang-nuts@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> And then, for language adoption, the TIOBE language index for August of
> 2016:
> http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
>
> (Note that the above is updated every six months, and I've not been able to
> find a link to previous versions of the reports, however, you can look for
> the trend for Go itself http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/go/ ).
> Go finally breaks into the top twenty.

It's because they changed their definition of Go.  Quoting from
farther down the page: "The restriction "Google" has been removed from
the search queries for the programming language Go. Ilja Heilager
sorted out that without the search term "Google" the resulting Go hits
are still referring to the Go language. After having removed this
restriction Go jumped from position #55 to #20. Thanks Ilja!"

Ian