It should always be 'use the best tool for the job'. If Go seems like a
good fit for a task, use it. We've used Go for creating web services
accessed via restful API's and it works great. I've personally used Go to
create command line utilities to help with development. We've also used it
to prototype systems before using other languages.

We don't see it as a risk but as a competitive advantage.