For us it started with me rewriting a small service. It was done quickly
and with great performance which led to curiosity from other developers
which in turn led to a larger system of services being built in Go with
great results. The initial usual fears about knowledge and "risks" was
quickly alleviated since the team picked it up (for me quite predictably)
fast and got things done very soon.