Not to be a buzzkill, but… Maybe not having good arguments for using Go in
this case should be taken as a signal that Go isn't a good fit? As much as
I think Go would be useful for scientific applications, if we want to see
that happens, we should work on making Go better for them, not on making up
arguments for why it already is.

That being said, this seems like a classical "$boss don't want to bet
$project on $technology, how do I convince them?" question. First step:
Accept that $boss is reasonable to not put new (to them) technology in the
business-critical path. All of the arguments you mentioned seem 100%
convincing to me - even *though* I know Go much better than Python. If I'd
start an astrophysics project today, I'd probably use Python for the
sciency-computational parts, not Go. But you could try to find non-critical
applications where Go already *is* a good fit, to prove its worth and
increase your peers exposure to the language. Or you could propose to use
Go in pieces of the puzzle, where it works very well. So, e.g. Python is
great to code the computations and everything, but Go would be better
suited to write the server and interface with the DB.