So sorry to learn of your mistreatment. I've never been struggled in an
anti-do-while cultural revolution, though I can imagine the lasting
emotional harm.

I always* thought that C's "do {stuff} while (cond);" was a victim of
syntax. The cond is far away and hidden from the do. An idea from the Go
line of reasoning could be like this:

for preCondition; beforeCond; updateStatement; afterCond {stuff}

The argument for this would be just one looping construct, capable of a pre
and post conditions, all set out at the start. It might be pretty enough to
escape the thuggery of the past. ;-)

Michael

--
Michael T. Jones