Ian D,

The introduction is certainly not intended to be insulting to those who
have put serious thought into the problem. If it were, then I'd be
insulting myself as I've put serious thought into at least two other
proposals which are nothing like the current one!

It's simply a realization I've come to that there's a lot of mileage in the
original draft which is the culmination of what two very smart people have
been working on for years and should not therefore be dismissed too readily.

Sure, it's not perfect and that's why I have suggested some changes which
no doubt are still far from perfect!

I don't think I have dismissed anything without providing some
justification for it. FWIW I personally would like to see some form of
operator overloading even though I acknowledge it has a lot of problems and
we're unlikely to see it.

I also don't think that Eric was being disrespectful to Ian LT and Robert.
He simply has a profound dislike for the draft generics design and believes
in expressing himself forcibly and at times, comically :)

Alan