The current Fyne backend is reliant upon the EFL project for rendering but
it is written to allow other backends to be introduced (for desktop or
beyond).
You're right there is no API for platform specific stuff - if there is a
use-case or a requirement it could probably be accommodated though.

Hoping to get feedback from more developers so we can expand in the most
useful areas.
Andrew