Yeah of course I was joking... the solution I provided does work for the "I
need a one-liner" mentality, though.

I believe this following solution fits your use case, and is simpler to
read too:

datalen := removedKeyken // removedKeyken must have been int32 in your
example.
if value != nil {
   datalen = len(value)
}