Indeed.

I think many people like the proposal but are not vocal about it. It is not
perfect but it *does *bring value to the table if you read the proposal in
its entirety and think about how you would use/could use it in a real life
scenario.

I do *decorate *errors a lot, I do care about the *control flow* (I have
been along time user of *defer *for error handling and find it not magical
or ugly but fitting beautifully with the language), which are the main
topics people are complaining about... And I think it actually works fine
in those situations.

In fact, the try() approach has started growing on me as I write code now,
I feel it would help in quite a few situations and simplify, not in a
drastic way, but subtle and valuable one.

My 2c.