ORM is object relational mapping. Go is only pseudo object oriented. I will say
again that complex object graphs and persistence is very hard without an ORM or
a LOT of custom code.

Since Go does not have runtime compilation a true (or easy anyway) ORM in Go
requires code generation.

> On Sep 28, 2019, at 9:32 AM, Rodolfo <rof20...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "First, nobody thinks that knowing ORM's query language absolves one from
> knowing SQL."
>
> Speak for yourself.
>
> If you a hard spring boot user you can get into this problem.
>
> Example:
>
> findAll = select * from entity
>
> This is have nothing with SQL.
>
> findAllBySomeProperty = select * from entity where property = ?
>
> This is have nothing with SQL.
>
> Please, do not be rude, be honest.
>
> Em sáb, 28 de set de 2019 00:49, <alex.besogo...@gmail.com> escreveu:
>> First, nobody thinks that knowing ORM's query language absolves one from
>> knowing SQL.
>>
>> But the main issue is that Go SQL interface SUCKS. It's verbose, hard to use
>> and is difficult to integrate with additional tooling (try adding generic
>> tracing support, I dare you!). So often your SQL code is hidden in reams of
>> wrapper code that sets arguments and reads the results.
>>
>> So even simple ORMs that allow mapping of result sets to objects help to
>> reduce boilerplate clutter. More advanced ORMs also offer simple type safe
>> queries: https://github.com/go-reform/reform
>>
>> It's still nowhere close to LINQ for C# or http://www.querydsl.com/ for
>> Java, but it's getting there.
>>
>>> On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 3:34:59 AM UTC-7, Dimas Prawira wrote:
>>> Many Gophers don't like ORM as :
>>> 1. ORM introduce an additional layer of abstraction that doesn't accomplish
>>> anything.
>>> 2. SQL syntax is more or less the same for every database.