I've no relevant experience, but I can recommend a couple of projects to
look at in the absence of anyone chiming in with actual experience:

https://agniva.me/wasm/2018/06/18/shimmer-wasm.html
https://github.com/agnivade/shimmer
This is a play-project that involves loading images. It appears to be using
a side-load method of converting the image to Base64 and assigning it to
the image's src attribute - so it is not using the canvas directly, but if
a call to the canvas can draw an image from a URL, this might work - have a
look at

// updateImage writes the image to a byte buffer and then converts it to
base64.
// Then it sets the value to the src attribute of the target image.
func (s *Shimmer) updateImage(img *image.RGBA, start time.Time)

in https://github.com/agnivade/shimmer/blob/master/shimmer.go

Here is another project that also went with the Base64 method of passing
the array, look for the section labeled "Pixels are Pixels":
https://blog.jeremylikness.com/blog/2019-03-03_gopher-meet-plasma-a-webassembly-experiment/

His final verdict was that the pure Javascript version performed better
than the Go-WASM+JS version.