I have a proposal for improving Go proposal procedure.

It stems from two "issues" highlighted in several occasions:

   1. core Go team is spending an increasing amount of time discussing a
   larger number of proposals.
   All of them are commented and discussed by core Go team, and in the end
   most of them are declined.

   2. participation of Go community at large to the proposal procedure is
   limited:
   single individuals can create new proposals or comment on them, but
   there is no concept of "community support" or "community effort"

In short, there is no *filter* between single individuals and core Go team.
Direct communication is good in a small group, but it does not scale to
large groups.

My proposal is conceptually simple:
    delegate some power (rights) and responsibility (duties) to the
community.

How? I propose the following:

1. proposals must collect enough "community support" before being evaluated
by core Go team.
   Initially, this can be as simple as waiting for enough thumbs up (and
fewer thumbs down) on the corresponding github issue.
   If/when need arises, it may also become a more formal process.

   The core Go team will have less work:
     they would be *required* to evaluate only those with enough "community
support", not *all* proposals as they do now.
     Of course they will still be free to evaluate also other proposals if
they want, but they will not be required to.

   The Go community would be empowered by this change:
     it will have a more active role, acting as a first filter for
proposals,
     and a proposal with strong community support should receive more focus
from core Go team
     than a proposal with weak (or no) community support.

   This may require a web page that lists active proposals (is it allowed
to scrape github content?),
   with mechanisms to filter them by keyword(s) and sort them at least by
date/thumbs up/thumbs down.

2. proposals must follow a template, which contains at least:

   a. the list of existing similar proposals and, if they were not
approved, the reasons why the new proposal
      is believed to be better

   b. a first evaluation of pros and cons

   This is expected to improve the quality of new proposals, by doing a
basic background check of prior art
   and a first (self) evaluation.