Hello Ton!

"Ton Hospel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Yes, it violates rule 3. Rejecting this kind of programs is the
> actual reason why rule 3 exists.
>
> The "perfect computer" was introduced so that extremely long running
> programs don't have to worry about hardware failures.
>
> But "always" was written there EXACTLY so that random based programs
> always MUST give the right solution, they are not allowed to fail
> extremely rarely.

That seems fair enough to me.

Now that I understand the rule, I'll know not to make the mistake again, but
if we want to talk about modifiying the rules as to avoid any confusion, I
think
rule #3 "..should always be correct" should be changed to ..."MUST always
be 100% correct." That way a newbie who hasn't gone through the most
recent golf will be more wary when using rand...

Thanks for the help.

-Riley
(o0lit3)