I'm expecting to have it in place by the next release, but anything related
to relationships has been a beast to implement so it's possible it won't be
done in time.

I will say that it's unlikely I'll be able to add support for the specific
example you've provided, where your parent has a reference to an abstract
base class.  This requires all sorts of additional work that is definitely
out of scope for the next release.

Max