I'm getting this log message a lot in my application:

>>"Request was aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service your
>>request. Most likely, this indicates that you have reached your simultaneous
>>dynamic request limit. This is almost always due to excessively high latency
>>in your app. Please see http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas.html for
>>more details."

I do have "excessive latency" in that I run non-trivial tasks in the
TaskQueue handlers interacting with external systems averaging about
10 seconds per handler with a couple per "cycle" pushing the 30 second
limit, but on the Dashboard my requests/second never seem to exceed
~1.5.  I have billing enabled and my understanding is that gives me
500 simultaneous requests.  Which if all of my TaskQueues were
executing at once I don't think I'd reach, although it might get
close.  But wouldn't that show on the dashboard?

Is there anything else that could be causing this?  I see the
DataStore has been in Anomoly for the past few days, but nobody seems
worried about it and assume roughly this latency will be "normal".

Thanks,
-C