On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Keith Platfoot <kplatf...@google.com> wrote:
> GWT/App Engine projects will no longer require our SDK library on the
> classpath.  This means Maven users will be able to pull in JAR files from
> their M2 repository as they're accustomed to and the plugin won't mind a
> bit.

Maven masochists may want to pull SDK jars in from the repo, but I
suspect the rest of us would rather not pull the jars into our project
at all.

Since eclipse users get the SDK on the project classpath, is there a
reason why these jars must be written to the lib directory?  We have
to svn:ignore them, and then every time there's an upgrade we need to
svn:ignore the new ones.  My WEB-INF/lib directory is half checked in,
half not.  That makes me nervous.

Jeff