Allright,

As I've stated before on the list, Maven + GAE Eclipse plugin
integration is already possible! Exact instructions can be found in my
blog post at
http://hamandeggs.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/how-to-gae-eclipse-maven/ I
also have made an archetype for such a project. I'm currently using
pretty much the same configuration in one of my projects and it works
quite well (only downside being that you're required to clean the
project on every Eclipse startup).

Just type:
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-4:generate \
  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.beardedgeeks \
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=gae-eclipse-maven-archetype \
  -DarchetypeVersion=1.1.1 \

-DarchetypeRepository=http://beardedgeeks.googlecode.com/svn/repository/releases

-Hannu