Hi Robert,

Indeed also without spring the start up is slow as hell. When I demo
my GAE application I always feel ashamed when there is this big long
pause to start it up. With all the buzz it is hard to justify that it
is not my fault that the system is having this fault.

I think that this is the number one problem to be resolved. I guess it
is a basic failure in the architecture of app engine. Its probably
designed for python scripts and does simply not adapt to the nature of
java applications. I heard that e.g. all the jars in the classpath
will be loaded on the fly. I do not understand why there is not at
least a way to keep the apps running. I would even pay for that.

Once an app runs it runs. At least when you use memcache you can work
around the long latency of the data store. I am willing to adapt my
application to this new platform. But for the slow start up I am
really helpless.

It would be great to get some input from a GAE team member.

Cheers,
Toby