Hi Andres.
when you build a PersistenceManager, the instance must be done just once
during the call in your method, class, etc., so, if you want to continue
with doing more tasks with it, it's ok. just when the call to your manager
class is ended then you can delete or end the manager, otherwise you can
keep using it. Remember the process of building the manager is done just
once in your whole app, but the instances can be many.

Rgds.

2010/7/11 Andrés Cerezo <acerezoguil...@gmail.com>

> If i want to execute this source code without errors, I have to delete the
> first pm.close(); Anyone knows why?
>

>           final Date date = new Date();
> EmployeeData employee = new  EmployeeData("John", "Doe", date);
>
>           PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
>
>           final Long id = pm.makePersistent(employee).getId();
>
>           // From a different persistence manager, look up the // object
>
>           employee = pm.getObjectById(EmployeeData.class, id);
>           assertEquals(employee.getFirstName(), "John");
>           assertEquals(employee.getLastName(), "Doe");
>
>           pm.close();
>
>          pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager(); */
>

>           EmployeeData employee2 = new EmployeeData("John2", "Doe2", date);
>
>           final Long id2 = pm.makePersistent(employee2).getId();
>
>           // From a different persistence manager, look up the // object
>
>           employee2 = pm.getObjectById(EmployeeData.class, id2);
>           assertEquals(employee2.getFirstName(), "John");
>           assertEquals(employee2.getLastName(), "Doe");
>
>           pm.close();
>
> Thanks.

ausencia de evidencia  ≠  evidencia de ausencia
http://culturainteractiva.blogspot.com/