I've reproduced this. I'm following up. What is it you need this class for?
You can't do host resolution yet, even in the dev app server. The extent of
what you can do is this:

    InetAddress address = InetAddress.getLocalHost();
    resp.getWriter().println("Address: " + address.getHostAddress());
    resp.getWriter().println("Hostname: " + address.getHostName());

    address = InetAddress.getByAddress(new byte[] { 8, 8, 8, 8 });

    resp.getWriter().println("Address: " + address.getHostAddress());
    resp.getWriter().println("Hostname: " + address.getHostName());

Inane example, but I hope you get my point.

--
Ikai Lan
Blogger: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com