The bug has been fixed. Check out the latest code from the
appengine-mapreduce project.

Note that the ratio between blobstore bytes read and blob size is not 1:1.
In my tests they were closer to 10:1. This is expected behavior for the time
being. We're working on more options so users can better tune the behavior.

--
Ikai Lan
Blogger: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com