What I mean is, GWT has the ability to use a different server to run
from, like Tomcat for instance. GAEJ doesn't seem to offer such an
option, at least not from what I was able to do after having Googled &
tested for quite a few hours.

The reason why I want to run it on a server other than the embedded
Jetty one, is so that I could use MaintainJ (www.maintainj.com) which
needs a special setup on the server side, including deploying a
separate webapp on the same server of which I want to trace the calls
of another deployed webapp. I couldn't figure out where or how to
setup the embedded Jetty one, so that's why I'm trying a bit more
flexible approach to cover more future cases I've in mind.

Any nudge in the right direction is appreciated.