To state more straightforward concrete questions:
1. Is it possible to test/debug/run a GAEJ app locally on a different
server than the embedded Jetty one? It can even be another Jetty
configuration, but it has to be an external one rather then the
embedded one.
2. Otherwise can one change the configuration/add libs and deploy
another webapp to the same GAEJ configured local Jetty instance?

In both cases, if yes, how can one do that exactly?