> 1.I am using the query  Select c from ChatUser c where c.key =:keyList
> elsewhere and it is working fine. How can it be working?

i now concerned how the above query can work.
i assumed it was producing an IN/OR query, hence limited by 30 OR
statements.
however unit testing in the development environment shows that i can
run over 130 elements in the List parameter without any fault
generation.
ie
  List<Key> parentList = new ArrayList<Key>();
               parentList.add(user1.getKey());
               parentList.add(user2.getKey());
               for( int i=0; i<130; i++){
                   parentList.add(KeyFactory.createKey(ChatUser.CLASS_NAME, i
+11) );
               }

what i thought i understood is now very confusing.

-lp