On Aug 15, 6:09 pm, datanucleus <andy_jeffer...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > however i have the following issues.
>
> > 1.I am using the query  Select c from ChatUser c where c.key =:keyList
> > elsewhere and it is working fine. How can it be working?
>
> Because Google didn't respect valid JDOQL when they implemented their
> plugin and allowed nonsense like that query (the syntax is GQL). For
> portability you should never use it.

fair enough.

But when i use a normal key field everything works. any ideas?
   @Basic
   private Key parentKey2;
Query chatUserQuery = em.createQuery("Select c from ChatUser c where
c.parentKey2 IN (:parentKeyList)");

> The log tells you plenty about the query, and just wish people could
> refer to it.

i got logging set to DEBUG.
all i see in my logs is the following.
is there something in my logging that i have missed?

18:21:31,184 DEBUG [DataNucleus.Query] - JPQL Single-String with
"Select c from ChatUser c where c.parentKey IN (:parentKeyList)"
18:21:31,197 DEBUG [DataNucleus.Query] - JPQL Query : Compiling
"SELECT c FROM ChatUser c WHERE c.parentKey IN (:parentKeyList)"
18:21:31,206 DEBUG [DataNucleus.ClassLoading] - Class
"java.lang.ChatUser" was not found in the CLASSPATH [Class resolver
called from org.datanucleus.util.Imports.resolveClassDeclaration
(line=177)]
18:21:31,206 DEBUG [DataNucleus.ClassLoading] - Class
"java.lang.ChatUser" was not found in the CLASSPATH [Class resolver
called from org.datanucleus.util.Imports.resolveClassDeclaration
(line=177)]
18:21:31,215 DEBUG [DataNucleus.Query] - JPQL Query : Compile Time =
18 ms
18:21:31,217 DEBUG [DataNucleus.Query] - DATASTORE Query : Executing
"SELECT c FROM ChatUser c WHERE c.parentKey IN (:parentKeyList)" ...

thanks

-lp