On Aug 28, 12:27 pm, Filip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But most worrying to me is the Google Quota system. When Google does
> metrics on the uptime of their service, they should not count the
> uptime of their service, but the availability of their service to me,
> that is what matters to me. In particular, it is totally unacceptable
> that a GAE-based site becomes unreachable for minutes, let alone for
> hours or better parts of the day. Clearly, attacks should be avoided
> by denying traffic when it ramps up suspiciously fast, but bringing
> down the customer's site all together is out of the question.

It's not a customer's site.  You're not Google's customer until you
start paying them, and when you start paying them the quotas won't
bring down your site because you'll be paying them for the usage over
the quota.  Instead of comparing their free preview service to S3, try
comparing it to any other free hosting service out there.