Once they get out of preview, it'll all be automated I'm sure. Going
over the free quota will simply incur costs. Hopefully they will have
measures in place so you can set a roof for how much you want to spend
and so on. They have such for adwords though, so they should have that
here as well.

With that said, the support has been awfully unresponsive during this
preview period, quota issues aside. It certainly doesn't leave a good
impression of how they will handle support at launch.

Somewhat off-topic: Out of curiosity, how are you actually
thumbnailing the sites? I assume you run a seperate box with a cron or
something to that effect? And do you happen to know a way to get the
image dimensions / metadata using the google images api?

- Thomas