Thanks for the suggestions. I see the need for Cacheing to reduce the
load, but I don't understand why the current request is causing high-
cpu warnings (2 times the average cpu request). At this rate, if a few
first time users use my application & try to open images that haven't
been memcached (etc..).. then my application will crash.

My main question is: why is this request causing a high cpu warning,
and no one has been able to answer that. For a request that only
takes  "0.020 CPU seconds" (according to profiler), appengine sends
out a warning stating that 2463mcycles have been used.

So my question is: how do I completely stop high-cpu warnings for a
request that shouldn't be causing them in the first place?

I understand that there are ways I can mitigate the problem..but i'd
like to get to the root if possible.

thanks!