Hi Feris,

Are you testing it locally, or live?  (The datastore can be slow for
puts locally.)

Are you trying to update the same records, or 1000 unique records?

If you are doing 27 updates per second, are you ramping up, and
ramping down your requests when you run tests?  Try to simulate a
smooth usage graph, rather than a spikey one.

Have you tried profiling your code live with something like:
            import logging
            import cProfile, pstats, StringIO
            prof = cProfile.Profile()
            prof = prof.runctx("self.your_main_function()", globals(),
locals())
            stream = StringIO.StringIO()
            stats = pstats.Stats(prof, stream=stream)
            stats.sort_stats("time")  # Or cumulative
            stats.print_stats(400)  # how many to print
            stats.print_callees()
            stats.print_callers()

            msg = "Profile: \n%s" % stream.getvalue()
            logging.info(msg)

What are the 3 fields? Are they indexed?

-Dave