On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Feris Thia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> What are the 3 fields? Are they indexed?
>
> No, they are not indexed. The model is Feris with 2 String and 1 Datetime
> field as showed above.

       Sorry to ask, maybe my question is very stupid but... doesnt't
GAE index *by default* all StringProperties? That means that, despite
not telling it explicitely, these properties are, in fact, indexed ¿?
(simple indexes for individual properties)

> I notice that the fastest in live environment is 27 records/second. Is there
> any good suggestions on how to improve my code ?

       I don't know how to improve that without having profile data,
but 0.03 secs/put seems reasonable to me. I think the way to improve
it is assume that you must focus on scale it for thousand/milions of
users and what matter is not the fact that one of them can do 27 puts
per second, but the fact that *most* of them can do about 27 puts per
second without degrading individual requests performance... That, is:
try to make performance tests emulating concurrent connections, don't
focus on improving individual, sequential puts, unless you know for
sure that they are not working ok (warnings in log files? datastore
timeouts?)

       hope that helps,
       Jose