Thanks, Jon.
Does appending redirect information to NewAccount work as it does for
createLoginUrl?

The button looks OK. I actually used to work for Google in marketing
and remember when webteam standardized on that button, I'm not a huge
fan of it, but I know it's used everywhere now. Personally I think the
text is too bold and tight, and when I did some webpage optimization
for some AdWords pages, we found that adding a "»" to a button
increased clicks. I think it would be ideal to provide appengine users
some control over this page (it looks like Google Moderator was able
to customize it, will this feature be released soon), or at least the
button.

on the adwords homepage, "Click to begin »" performed very slightly
but statistically significantly better than all other options (Sign up
now, Get Started, Start Now).
Thanks for the response,
Alex
P.S. I think we lived in castano together long ago...