Andrew Badera wrote:
> Is it going to be competitive, or not even in the same ballpark?

It seemed to be aimed at different group of people.   Azure's main
target looks to be enterprise applications that would've previously
been hosted on private intranet servers.  More an alternative to
running an application on Windows Server than alternative to
traditonal WWW hosting services.

> Will it force the GAE team to spend extra effort on a .NET
> implementation for GAE?

And try to beat Microsoft at their own game?  I think a Java VM
implementation would be more competive.

                         Ross Ridge