I must be a sucker for drama, because I'm still reading this thread.
And after all the insults, whining, and negativity, I think this Kans
guy has finally explained what his actual issue is.  It sounds like he
wants the gdata libraries to be 'installed' as part of the python
environment our apps run in, just like django is 'pre installed' for
us.

Maybe now he'll go away, or at least stop being a jerk.