I understand some of the reasons given above, I guess my app is not
for AppEngine then. I feel that Google would end up alienating
developers with their quota system. When they announced the AppEngine,
they talked about quotas in a different way - some millions or so cpu
hours would be free per month. But, with this per request quotas and
red warnings that I get for most urls long long before I have been
anywhere close to that enormous free stuff which was promised; I feel
that the facts wasn't communicated properly or I didn't understand
them properly. I don't have time to discuss this and waste my time
further, I am off to Amazon today.

Quota   Limit
Emails per Day  2,000
Bandwidth In per Day*   10,000 MB
Bandwidth Out per Day*  10,000 MB
HTTPS Bandwidth In per Day      2,000 MB
HTTPS Bandwidth Out per Day     2,000 MB
CPU Megacycles per Day  200,000,000
Total HTTP Requests per Day     650,000
HTTPS Requests per Day  130,000
Datastore API Calls per Day     2,500,000
URLFetch API Calls per Day      160,000

This is *bs*to at least a class of developers, because it is not true
in reality for them.