I agree jay, the most important feature for me right now is getting
the payment system in place. One thing that is not clear to me is if
we will be able to buy more Puts-per-hour so that we aren't taken
offline for a legitimate spike in traffic. I'm not sure how I would
tell me clients to *slowly* ramp up their usage :) (now if there was a
queue in GAE that I could dump to and slowly add from the background,
i would gladly use it). I've looked at SimpleDB too and the lack of
Put limits makes it far easier to test a real-world application.

some notes on this from yesterday's chat that were somewhat
encouraging:

[09:29am] ryan_google: billing will include user-definable budgets,
notifications, and other tools to let you ensure that you're not cut
off

[09:52am] danielobrien: Vamsi: Billing is sometime between now and the
end
of march, not necessarily march itself. <--maybe March, yuck

[09:57am] marzia_google: bFlood: we are trying to release some form
of
billing by the end of the year, but the exact timeline and form of
such a
release is yet to be determined