> Any indexable property will cost a couple million cpu cycle when you
> put a new entity. You should set them to text or blob to avoid index
> penalty.

I thought that he was asking about properties that are present in some
instances and not others.  If a given instance doesn't have a given
property, it isn't indexed by that property and one would hope that
there'd be no overhead when said instance is put.

However, that statement raises another question.  If each indexable
property (that is present in a given instance) really costs a couple
of million cycles, won't putting entities with a couple of hundred
indexable properties fail consistently because of cpu issues?

I ask because I'm thinking about using some indexable list properties
which will require several hundred index entries for their entities.
(I can keep the total below the 5k limit.)  If putting such entities
consistently fails, I'm going to have to rethink things, indexable
list properties are far less useful than I thought, and the 5k limit
isn't the real limit.