It's currently not possible to address multiple datastores.  Just
looking at the API, it looks like addressing datastores should be
possible because the keys include an app name, etc, but the App Engine
team has said this feature is not coming any time soon.  Cross-app
datastore queries complicate the business model when you offer free
apps.  I think, though, that this is an important feature and should
be supported under the pay-as-you-go option, i.e., if you want your
datastore to be available cross-app, you elect to forfeit your free
quota.

Feel free to star this enhancement request:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=106

-Bill