This is a required feature for a commercial SaaS/PaaS offering, and is
not the same as Bill's issue in previous thread entry (Issue 06).
This discussion can help you understand why -

http://blogs.zdnet.com/service-oriented/?p=1236

as can bugs like this

http://forum.assembla.com/forums/3/topics/256

We need it to be as close to impossible for one customer's data to be
made available to another customer, without having to deploy a new
instance of the application.

Let's call it data segregation.  A concept of 'virtual instances'
would be a possible approach - so we can aggregate billing & quota
stats across multiple instances, and also identify individual instance
billing and quota.

Use Case:
1.  Customer comes to my site
2.  Clicks the 'Sign up now' button
3.  Enters their details
4.  Starts using the system

You can't get a more 'core' use-case than that for a SaaS/PaaS
platform.  Notice there is no requirement to deploy a new version of
the app for this customer.  The system spawns a virtual instance of
the app - or at least allows mapping a single datastore partition to
the authenticated entity.  You coudl extend it by allowing multiple
datastores per authenticated entity and choosing the appropriate one
at authentication time.

The key requirement is that we can on-board a customer without manual
intervention, and accurately understand a single customer's usage
profile.  Data corruption for one customer does not equal data
corruption for another customer.

This feature is in some ways the *opposite* of the feature request
identified by the previous poster - we *do not* want to be able to
access data in another partition - even if we tried to, and especially
via a bug in our code.

Here it is, please star it :)

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=945

Any chance someone at Google has something to say about it?

Thanks,

Colin