Not sure what you mean by "in case something happens" - your app and
its datastore is served by the same network of servers that serve
other apps, so separate accounts won't help, (unless you're going
against the Terms of Service, running the risk of having an account
banned).

One App Engine account can have 10 apps, each with its own datastore
and quota. You could deploy a single app's codebase to multiple app
slots, simply by changing the app name in the app.yaml for each
instance. That way you could test on a production "test" app or one of
your client apps before rolling out updates to your other client apps.

You still maintain a single codebase, each client app has its own
datastore, and you can control updates.