Brian,

If you let your users click the url generated by
users.create_login_url('/xyz')  it will take the users to the google'
account login page and after successfull completion of login , google
automatically redirect the user to the url you have provided ('xyz' in this
case). I think this satisfies your requirement. Is it?

--
cheers
Gipsy