I don't quite get it. I hope if by seeing the existing form on the
page and my attempt at following your suggestions, you can spell out
more specifically what you mean Geoffrey and Gipsy.

This is the existing form.
  <form method="get" action="/">
    <input type="text" name="place" id="placename" />
    <input type="submit" value="Submit short group name" />
  </form>

Is this what your mean? If not, can you correct it, please?
a>                 )

On Jan 9, 4:00 pm, Geoffrey Spear <geoffsp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You just create an ordinary link using the value returned by
> users.create_login_url("/") as the link location, and display the link
> only if users.get_current_user() is None.

[snip]
> > On Jan 9, 1:21 pm, "Gipsy Gopinathan" <gipsy.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I guess you can just do a redirect to the url  generated by
> > > users.create_login_url("/") from your handler when user clinks on the link
> > > in your home page.

Brian in Atlanta