I have the basics, which are posted below. However, this is where I'm
realizing I'm still very new at learning python. What I'd like to do
it only catch the timeout error for the retries, and at the end of the
retries go ahead and return the timeout error, as if it's failed 3
times, I'm going to assume it will keep failing and it's up to the
application to handle that.

class ROTModel(db.Model):
    """
    Retry On Timeout Model. This model exists to override the put
method of
    db.Model in order to retry the put operation when a timeout error
is encountered.
    """
    def put(self):
        count = 0