Be aware that calls to db.put() will not call your db.Model.put()
override.  So if you are trying to be efficient by making several puts
at once via db.put([objlist]), your override will not be called.

I wish I knew how to solve this, but I don't.  I hope someone can tell
both of us what the preferred method for handling a put override is.