I'm trying like crazy to use Django's model.object manager but
struggling to find good documentation. Anybody have good links for
this.

Specifically what is killing me right now is understanding the
exceptions. I currently have:

  69.  from models import ConfirmUserRegistration
  70.
  71. try:
  72. ConfirmUserRegistration.objects.get(key=key)

  73. except ConfirmUserRegistration.DoesNotExist: ...

  74. return username
  75. raise forms.ValidationError(_("A user with that username already
exists."))
  76.

and I get an exception on line 73 of 'type object
'ConfirmUserRegistration' has no attribute 'DoesNotExist'. I've
searched as much django docs & google to figure out the problem but at
a loss. The Django docs I've reviewed on Django site show the use of
DoesNotExist: but for some reason it's not working for me.

Also I am using django authentication and it's successfully using this
structure, including the DoesNotExist:, in  the UserCreationForm clean
routine. I've tried to set everything up the same way but  must have
missed something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave